I have completely messed up my Mac OS X Lion 10.7 on my 2011 Macbook Air (Refer thread : Is there an alternative to downloading Lion from the net?)
Recovery Parition attempts to install from the internet. This is not an option since I have attempted atleast 6 times, It takes 18-20 hours for each iteration and fails somewhere in between because my net connection is not reliable.
What I need to do :
- Install Mac OS 10.7 Lion on my MacBook Air
Here is what I have :
- InstallESD.dmg file for MAC OS Lion 10.7.4
- A PC with Windows 7 32-Bit
- 2011 Macbook Air (Without CD Rom Drive)
- Disk Utility in the Macbook Air Recovery partition
- USB CD-ROM
- 16 GB USB Thumb Drive
How do I accomplish this ?
I found this page but the author claims the tutorial is not valid. So how do I burn a Lion DVD / Thumb drive from Windows 7 ?