My Early 2011 MBP has just recently started booting in safe mode, I haven't got many other details, I don't have any specific cases where it will boot in safe. However I will outline what I can and update it as I go.
- I'm not holding shift on boot
- Computer seems to be indexing for spotlight on boot, its never had to do that before
- Disk utility says my disk is okay after being verified
- Disk utility - verifying disk permissions came up with a lot of stuff. Repaired, unsure of whether that fixed the problem
- Maybe unrelated but whenever I shut down the 'reopen windows on start up' checkbox is unchecked by defaulted and highlighted, usually it is checked and highlighted by default.