I am a programmer and more active on Stack Overflow. Anyways, I am clean-reinstalling my mum's MacBook Pro and I came across a problem. First, I went into recovery mode (Command-R at startup) then erased the Macintosh HD drive. After have had with my computer previously:
- Date being set to 2001. (As a programmer I know this is a default
- Microsoft Word keeps on bringing up random popups.
- Warning that apps may behave erratically because of the date (maybe why Word does that).
- Safari always needs to confirm some Facebook certificate keychain signing thing.
- Quite slow/buggy
- And also, the back of the MacBook screen has a problem that when I press on it the screen gets blurry at that part. (Like strongly touching the screen)
So then when I try to reinstall, the Macbook needs to check its authenticity with Apple, where it needs to gather some installation information. It just gets stuck here, nothing happens; I left it for 2 hours and it is still trying to gather information.
So, what do you think is generally wrong with this computer and how can I fix this problem? Do you think the only way out is to arrange an appointment with Apple?