I have an iPod classic (160GB) which I sync with iTunes 10.6.0.40 using automatic syncing.
Generally, when I plug the iPod into my PC via USB, all of the Play count and Last played statistics update properly.
Yesterday I listened to 5 albums on my iPod, in the following order:
- The Pogues - If I should fall from grace with God
- Apples in Stereo - Fun trick noisemaker
- Joni Mitchell - Court and spark
- Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
- Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
However, when I plugged the iPod into my PC, iTunes only showed that I had played the last 2 albums (Led Zeppelin, Underworld) and it was as if the other albums hadn't played (their Last played dates were back in 2010).
Any idea what may be causing this?
Why doesn't iTunes respect my diverse taste in music?
Edit: I have since upgraded to iTunes 10.6.1.7 and I am still seeing this issue, so I am now offering a bounty to anyone who can help me solve this.