My Address Book won't restore contacts from my address book archive (
.abbu). I sync my address book with iCloud.
A couple weeks ago, Address Book told me there were some inconsistancies in my contacts. It said that 12 of my contacts were outdated. The "updated" versions that it presented were actually versions that were older by several weeks or months.
- I told Address Book repeatly to ignore the changes so it kept on asking me.
- I exported my correct contacts as a
- I also back up with Time Machine so I should have a good copy there.
- I deleted a "bad" contact from my Address Book, and then tried to import the .abbu file, the contact I deleted appeared for a second and then disappeared.
- I then deleted my entire Address Book.
- I tried again to import the .abbu file. All the contacts appeared for a second and then disappeared.
This happen when iCloud was added in perferences and syncing and when it wasn't. Deleting the file AddressBook folder in
~/ApplicationSupport/ also didn't help.