I have a dream!
I wish I could import my photos in Lightroom, process them and add them to several different collections/published collections that would then show up as events in iPhoto. Think "Italy 2009", "Wedding", "The Children" and so on.
I can get part of the way today but some very important steps remain to solve.
- I import my photos into Lightroom
- I organize and edit them into published collections
- I publish the collection to disk
- I import it into iPhoto and I have very nice event that I can sync with my iOS devices
Here is what I can't do after this step
- Edit an image and re-publish and have iPhoto replace it's version with the new one (if possible really replace it so that metadata like faces and locations remains)
- Delete an image from the collection and have it removed from iPhoto, including all original/master copies. I have my original i Lightroom so unless it's a part of a currently published collection it shouldn't be in iPhoto. At all.
- Have the (temporary) directory removed. I don't need to store this image in more places, Lightroom and iPhoto is enough.
So I guess the question is: can anyone solve any of my 3 problems or improve on the overall workflow?