30 minutes of research on google yields nothing except the defunct phylum. Features I would need:
- referenced/in-place management (images should remain where they are found on the drive)
- support for eps/pdf/png/gif and some movies maybe
- heavily customizable metadata (for me, the images are software generated, they are visualization of simulation data. It would be nice to embed some information of these simulations into the images.)
- smart folders based on metadata
- version control/non-destructive editing
- quantitative image comparison
Picasa is a good start, too bad it doesn't support eps or pdf, which makes it less than ideal for older LaTeX stuff. Just realized it also doesn't support smart folders... Big fail ! I guess I'm spoiled by Apple but I would have thought this would be pretty much standard in any app by now... Any other suggestion? Also, this might not be the most appropriate SE site for this question but it's pretty generic and since I'm looking at something on the Mac, I thought I would start here... Thanks in advance !