Now that Amazon has sunk the usability flagship among e-readers, Stanza, I am looking for a replacement but it turns out to be very difficult. It seems every app praises itself beyond reason. Every forum peddles whatever app has their fancy. How can I find a good e-reader app without installing and testing them all? Many aren't free and it would be silly to pay for many of them, only to find them all lacking.
My requirements, roughly in order, are the following. Basically, this is what made Stanza so amazing to use.
- In-app download from sources such as Feedbooks. (This is what's now broken in Stanza, and won't ever get fixed because Amazon doesn't care. This is the reason I'm looking for alternatives.)
- Easy to search for and download free books.
- Configurable font size, font color, and background color.
- Configurable font size, font color, and background color - in night mode.
- Configurable without having to dig deep into settings.
- Easy to select a book from the library.