I get PDFs to revise course content which I want to convert to MP3 files and take with me as spoken audio.
Automator offers 'text to speech' conversion and it's great. When I try and build a workflow around it, seemingly everything happens except what I need.
I want, as a folder action:
- To extract the text from a PDF dropped on the relevant folder
- To get this text turned into spoken audio
- To provide details for iTunes
- Import this into a playlist of my choosing
I currently have variations on this sequence, which does not work:
- Extract PDF Text, save
- Convert text to Audio, save
- Import Audio
- Give iTunes info
- Add title to PlayList
Currently the PDF text gets extracted, doesn't end up where I expect, and the script then seems to hang on generating the audio. Simple TextEdit documents work fine.
(This question is a continuation of one I asked yesterday: here)