I have a few leads, but wanted to know what people feel is an excellent stock price data-visualization and data-exploration app on a retina iPad display.
Excellent would include:
- very clear data with multitouch features for zooming, selecting price points or data ranges.
- more native iOS features than simply a web view app (unless that web view stands on equal ground with a native stock app)
- is equal to or better than the iPhone stock app in terms of features, polish, ease of use and data viewing function.
- some basic import / export capabilities for portfolio management (extra credit - not mandatory)
- simple averages and overlays to see trends and not just the open/close/range volume data (extra credit)
- no ads or the option to pay money to avoid advertisements on the screen
Excellent doesn't necessarily mean:
- Real-time data feed (although a solution that required a lot of steps to refresh the data on a daily basis would be far less useful than an app that could tap into a feed of data that was market delayed.)
- derivative and super complicated analysis lines that are more appropriate for professional trading software (and I would expect to cost hundreds of dollars)
- portfolio management
- actual trading - I'm looking for historical data - not a platform for executing trades. Don't rule out a trading app if it otherwise meets the requirements and is open to anyone with a reasonably low bar to entry (like opening an account with $50 or such)
It doesn't matter if you need to buy the app or if it has an optional or mandatory data service that feeds the data (but please call that out if makes or breaks the app).