Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In any web browser in Mac OS X, how can I choose a drop-down form input box using the tab key? When I need to input many forms including a drop-down box, I preferred to use tab key and shift+tab to move between input elements in Windows systems.

Why is it impossible in Mac, and how can I do it?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Make sure you have this set (it's not the default) in Keyboard Preferences

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.