I own a Mac mini 2011 server which I use as workstation. Currently Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 Professional are installed in parallel (via Boot Camp). Both are 64-bit operating systems.
I'd like to install a Linux system on the machine. Which distro would you recommend the most? I thought of Ubuntu but I'm not sure about the 64-bit support in it (which I believe is needed to make use of the full 8 gb RAM).
By "best" I mean "best hardware support". Specifically:
- drivers for 64-bit operation
- support two displays
- support Bluetooth in general
- Bluetooth support for Magic Trackpad, specifically
- good WiFi support
Of the above, most important would be full support for:
- Two displays are connected, one via HDMI, one via Thunderbolt
- A Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth