Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anybody know if I can create a keyboard shortcut to toggle "Use balloons to display changes"?

Also, is there a webpage where one can vote for features for the next Word release? I want to have the option to show only comments in balloons and not deleted text that existed in previous versions back.


share|improve this question
I've been requesting this feature (which has been standard in Word for Windows forever) for the better part of a decade. Good luck getting MS to implement it. – user22263 Apr 30 '12 at 15:32

There is not one. But you're in luck, because you can assign one using Tools -> Customize Keyboard. See the example below.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.