Whenever I try and log into the native Youtube app on my iPhone, it reports 'Authentication Failed" even though the details are 100% correct. Here's what I've done so far:
- Youtube.com accepts my username and password on both the desktop and iPhone web app.
- I've reset my Youtube password
- I get the same results over 3G or wifi (tried multiple networks, incl. Apple Store), so it is not my carrier or ISP blocking Youtube.
- A friend logged in with his account and the iPhone accepted it, so it isn't specific to the iPhone.
- I've used my own account on someone else's iPhone and it didn't work, once again ruling out my iPhone.
- I've 'unlocked' my account using the Google Captcha page
- I've even resorted to creating a new Google/Youtube account
None of these has helped. The only thing I can think of is that the account details are still propagating through Youtube's systems and has not yet came through to the 'iPhone section' of their database. I doubt that this is something that should even happen, but I'm lost as for what I can do.
Normally I would contact Youtube support, but there is no customer support for Youtube! What can I do?