Is there an easy way to distribute same iOS (iPad, iPhone) app to multiple enterprise clients? We develop custom “Enterprise apps” that can be utilized by various clients. These apps get linked directly to client’s servers; but is there a way that we, as a third party, could find a solution to distribute/manage apps for our clients?
In other words, for client experience of using an app should be completely seamless without having to worry about anything after first time app download. Here are some specifics:
- Does enterprise account option allow distributing same app to multiple clients? i.e. if I develop an app - call it “Appyme”, can Appyme be distributed to 200 users of client A and 500 users of client B
- Do we need to have 2 enterprise accounts - one of Client A and one for client B? My assumption was that I needed to have just one developer account under my company’s name
- Can this be done over the air or will we need to get these installed on all 700 devices?
- How can “Appyme” upgrades be deployed to these users?
- What happens to clients’ account and users when my personal enterprise account expires every year?
Thanks guys, but requirement of having a “D&B rated corporations” would not allow distributing these apps to foreign customers. Is that not true? What if we have a client in Canada (I think we are covered for North America and EU)? What if one has client in Asia? What about government organizations? In fact, non US customers are more aggressive in pursuing enterprise apps opportunities and use of iphone/ipad in a business environment. Other issue with the use enterprise account is that clients don’t want to manage distribution of these apps and typical mind set is that it should be as simple as click of a button (Thanks to App store). We all know that apple has made the process of distribution very cumbersome. Is there any other way these can be managed? I researched a couple of Mobile application management solutions like appcentral but there is no clear answer. Even with these MAMs and MDMs vendors, we, as a third party, do not get flexibility to manage apps for our clients. Does anybody know how can we help should clients chose to be completely off-handed from apps distribution/management process.