I'm attempting to revive a non-working 15" Core 2 Duo Mac Book Pro purchased early 2007. The laptop suddenly powered off (or so I was told). Attempting to power on gives only a few signs of life.
- Magsafe lite works when power cord plugged in
- Hard drive spins up when power button pressed
- No chime, no back light, no power button light,
- Holding the power button for 5 seconds will spin-down the hard drive
- After drive spinds down, hitting power will turn it back on.
Please give me your best suggestions on getting this system booting again.
In attempts to fix, I've reseated the RAM and most internal connections. I'm willing to replace any internal components if economically viable.
Update: a reset of the system mgmt controler brought the fans back online