When iTunes is already running and I plug in my iPhone or iPad, the device appears correctly in iTunes but it doesn't sync automatically. I'm sure it always used to sync automatically on connection, but now I need to start the sync manually (i.e. by selecting the device and clicking the Sync button). Does anyone know how I can get it to sync automatically as soon as the device is connected?
My details are as follows:
- iTunes 10.5.1.42 on Windows 7 64-bit
- iPhone 4 and iPad 2, both with iOS 5.0.1
- iTunes > Preferences > Devices > "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically" is unchecked.
- For both devices, the iTunes setting "Open iTunes when this iPhone/iPad is connected" is unchecked.
- I'm syncing via a USB cable. (I did try Wi-Fi sync but iTunes hardly ever found the devices so I disabled it on both iPhone and iPad. This may have been around the time auto-sync stopped working too but I can't be sure.)
- I don't use iCloud for sync or backup.
- It's the same laptop and library I've always synced against (so this answer doesn't seem to be relevant in my case)
- iTunesHelper.exe and iPodService.exe are both running normally.