I was facing the issue outlined on this Apple discussion thread, where I had duplicates of every contact on my iPhone -- one in iCloud, and one "Unknown". The thread presents a working solution on how to remove all "Unknown" contacts.
However, when I add a new contact without using the + button, it still goes into an "Unknown" list. Does anyone else experience this? To replicate this, try:
- Add a new contact, say an unknown number from your recent calls list, or from an email. 1. Save it, and go to the home screen.
- Go to your Contacts tab in Phone
- Go back to "Groups"
- Choose "All Contacts" Try searching for this new contact — I don't see it
- Go to your spotlight screen (home, then swipe left)
- Search for this new contact — it'll show up, and you can select it
Does anyone else see this and/or know how to solve it?