Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can I change my no-longer under AT&T service iPhone 3G to my new sprint service? Sprint doesn't use sim cards.

share|improve this question

You can't. AT&T and Sprint use incompatible technologies.

share|improve this answer
Exactly. The iPhone 3G does not have compatible hardware. – iglvzx Oct 30 '11 at 2:10
You can port the number to a sprint iPhone or select a phone that works with spring. AT&T is now unlocking phones, so you should be able to sell your AT&T iPhone for decent money - even in late 2012 and an iPhone 3G. – bmike Dec 21 '12 at 15:35

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.