I have a Macbook Air running 10.7.2, with a LaCie external USB drive.
Whenever my external drive is plugged in, my MBA always takes a long time to boot (1-2 mins in grey screen before the Apple and the spinning cycle appear) Usually it boots in less than 20 seconds. If I unplug the drive, the boot process continues as usual (fast).
- I tested my drive on my iMac and it boots just fine.
- I tested with HFS+ Journal as well as exFAT, problem persists.
- I tested with both of the USB ports on my Air, no change.
- I have already reset PRAM -> no help.
- I tested both GUID and APM -> ... nth changes.
My guess is the machine is trying to see if the external drive is bootable. How do I prevent this action?