I often want to make a picture available on the internet, without wanting it as part of my Twitter stream or Facebook account etc. For example, posting a screenshot to a thread on a forum or just to include in an email without sending an attachment.
I'm happy for the pic to be public, but don't necessarily want it to be associated to me if people stumble across it, or have it included with photos I actually care about on services like Flickr etc. I just want to throw it up to an image hosted and dump it without a trail, in the easiest and quickest way possible.
The closest I have found is an app called Picup, which throws a photo onto Imgur without any logging in and captioning etc etc. If it also had the ability to scale it down to half sized it may be enough, but it doesn't, and as such pics are full sized which increases upload speed and makes the picture potentially too large for sensible linking to on sites that won't auto-scale it.
So, what I am after will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Allow me to take a photo, or use a camera roll image
- Resize it automatically via a preset preference (Say max 400 in largest dimension)
- Upload it to am image hosting service that does not require me to have an account or log in
- Present me with the resulting URL in a way that makes copying it simple, perhaps via a big fat COPY URL button, or automatically selecting the text etc
- Optional - provide links for common uses of the URL - compose email, send tweet etc.
Imagine a scenario; I see a ridiculous haircut in Wallmart, I want to snap it, throw it up, send it to friends, then abandon it so I never have to care about who finds it by accident later with my name against it, and never need to go pruning such childish photos from my genuinely useful and wanted pics such as those in Instagram etc.