My Mac Mini crashed. I restarted and after a long time the screen remained gray.
I then started in single user mode, did a disk check (
fsck reported no problems) and rebooted again.
The Mac is now booting since an hour. I can log in via ssh and every command takes ages.
- CPU usage is almost 0%
- Memory is also OK (more than 3GB free)
- Load is perfect ( less than 0.2 )
- /var/log/kernel and secure do not show anything strange
- fan is around 2000 rpm
- temperatures: HD 53, CPU 66, .. everything else around 60 or lower
- disk is not full (> 30 GB free)
What am I missing? Where should I look for the cause of this sudden slowness?
After 1h 15' I managed to get the finder. Apps are starting (slowly) and system seems OK but for the fact that every action takes almost one minute to have any visible effect. (Command line via SSH is a little bit more responsive but not much)