I'm looking for a smartphone: either an iPhone or an Android. Here are my requirements:
- Contacts must fully sync with Google Contacts. That means that whenever I add a contact in Gmail, it must show up automatically in the phone's contacts. The reverse must be true as well.
- Calendar must fully sync with Google Calendar.
- Access Google Docs easily, preferably without third-party apps.
- An app that makes use of Google maps for navigation.
- Good support for Chinese input software, including both pinyin and handwriting.
In short, I want a small device that allows me to access the Internet in any way at any time (I will get a phone plan that includes unlimited Internet access). All the data should be stored in the cloud rather than on the local device.
Can an iPhone do all the above? Or is an Android a better choice because the OS is done by Google?
Another issue: how good is the iPhone's hardware? The hardware on my last smartphone (a Dopod with Win Mobile 5) fell apart ( both in terms of speed and hardware) after a year of use. Do iPhones have similar problems?