I have this scenario:
- 600 GB Hard Drive, using Master Boot Record
- 300 GB Windows 7 x64 Parition, NTFS
- 300 GB free Space
- 1 TB Hard Drive, Guid Parition Table
- 730 GB Data Partition, exFat
- Two More hard drives which are irrelevant but provide 2 TB of free space
I want to have both the Mac and the Windows Partition on the 600 GB Hard Drive, because it's by far the fastest drive in the system. However, I do not want to reinstall Mac OS X. I may be able to reinstall Windows, but I'd like to avoid that as well.
Does anyone have some hints how I should proceed? I'm also worried about stuff like the Boot Sectors.
Could I just use something like
dd on the paritions? I heard about Carbon Copy Cloner, but that seems to be a file copy rather than a partition copy?
Since the 600 GB Drive uses MBR, I need to wipe all partitions anyway and repartition using GPT, correct?