With my old dumbphone I never really worried about the screen, but my new iPhone 4 has a pretty gorgeous screen that I certainly would never want to come to harm. So I was wondering how many people out there use a screen protector, and what your experience has been.
- Do you use a screen protector for your smartphone?
- Do they interfere with touch-sensitivity of a touch-screen?
- Are all screen protectors created equal? Are there "good" ones and "bad" ones?
- Are they more resistant to fingerprints than the glass?
- Do they get grimey/dirty/cloudy?
- Are they harder to clean than the glass, or do you just replace it?
- How often would you need to replace it?
- With glass on the back of my iPhone4, do I need one on the back as well? Or is that just stupid?
I guess the most important question is:
- Do they really protect the screen in any meaningful way? Or do they just make you feel better?