Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My car stereo claims to support my iPod touch, and has an iPod connector that is round. The car is second-hand, and no cable was supplied. It isn't the specific adapter shown below - nor indeed that specific ipod, but it is the same connector - and simply, I don't recognise it.

Searching for "round ipod cable" hasn't been fruitful. is this a common/known connector type?

Stereo adapter

share|improve this question

My first thought on seeing that was that it looks like a 9 pin DIN connector. So I did a quick Google and it looks like there are such things as 9 pin DIN to iPod leads. This lead for example looks to match (though the picture quality is rubbish so it's hard to tell).

share|improve this answer
Thanks. At that price I'll risk it ;p – user194 Aug 13 '10 at 23:10
Specifically, that's a mini-DIN connector. – Dennis Williamson Aug 14 '10 at 19:39

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.