My iMac suddenly stopped recognising my HP OfficeJet 6500 printer over the wireless network. Previously, it worked fine for years. It works with USB, and the printer connects to the router without a problem - it just doesn't see the computer, which is also connected to the same router.
Things I have tried:
- I upgraded the Mac to Lion (which I guess counts as a software re-install - it was previously on Snow Leopard)
- I have completely reset the printing system on the Mac, and allowed it to re-find the printer and reinstall drivers.
- I have reset the printer to factory defaults, and then re-connected it to the router.
- I enabled Printer Sharing in System Preferences
- I have installed a new router (a different brand)
In case it's helpful: the printer problem originally appeared to be part of a general network problem (I was also having trouble connecting to the internet and to AirPlay etc.). Replacing the router seems to have cured the rest, but the printer still didn't work - that's when I tried all the other things.
Can anyone suggest something else for me to try?