I have the 2011 macbook air with 128gb ssd. Storage is low so i'm hoping to set up for the very first time, a NAS to host large files such as photo's (raw format), video's and music (lossless and aac format). I require your help in achieving the below functionality. A list of of hardware/software that I need to achieve the below will be very beneficial as will be those products that would provide very good performance. I would like most action to occur wirelessly.
- I have 1 macbook air, 1 ipad, 2 iphones, 1 cable modem, 1 airport express 802.11n
- Itunes library to be hosted on NAS with writing and reading files to occur wirelessly.
- When I plug in my iphone or ipad to sync, I would like it to sync and backup with the files on the NAS wirelessly.
- Iphoto library to be hosted on NAS. When I plug in my sd card, I would like files to be imported to the library wirelessly, which is on the NAS
- I understand iphoto library needs to be sitting on a disk that is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Does this mean I just partition one of the disks in the NAS and format it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)? Which products support the formatting of Mac OS Extended (Journaled)? I am only familiar with fat32 and ntfs.
- For photos stored on the NAS, I would like to browse and view the photos on my ipad wirelessly.
I am willing to go without iphoto if it turns out that iphoto becomes the biggest challenge.
Thanks in advance, Rob