I just opened Ars Technica's review of Lion intending to read it with Safari 5.1's Reader but it appears to somehow block Reader. I tried the following with no success:
- changed the extension on the url from .ars to .html but that didn't work
- Installed Readability's Safari extension but I couldn't get it to work to with any page so it might be broken in Safari 5.1
- Saved it to Instapaper but it only saved the first page.
I understand that well written long form articles take more time to write but I don't think breaking an article up into multiple pages is the answer. I know I can pay Ars Technica $5 a month to remove ads but I only ever read their Apple software and hardware reviews and Apple doesn't release new hardware or software every month. I just want a free 'lean back' reading experience. How about add more ads for longer articles?
Anyways I know this isn't a discussion forum so:
- Is there a way to use Safari Reader on blocked sites for free?
- If not is there any other service that provides a free 'lean back' experience for these blocked sites?