Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there any Dictionary app act like this:
1.capturing the image of the word on the book by its camera
2.converting the image of the word to text,and show its meaning in other languages

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Yes, application is called Word Lens, and the technology behind it is darn impressive :) Have a look at the video presentation.
But it only works for translations from english to spanish (and vice-versa). Supposedly more languages to come but no progress since it launched.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.