I am looking for a combo of two IM applications, one for the Mac and the other for the iPhone. The main features I am looking for are as follows:
- supports MSN (Microsoft messenger)
- has Push Notifications on the iPhone
- has a unified session (will explain below)
- doesn't have stupid bugs (Trillian will not let you copy with ⌘C)
- does not ask me to email someone that is invisible/offline (instead of messaging)
Unified session - I want the two apps (iOS and OSX) to share the same session, so when I leave the one and fire up the other, it should have my chats already there, exactly as I left them on the other device.
Meebo not being a Mac application did not feel right (not even when I applified it using Fluid) but its unified session (in the cloud) was pretty good. The iOS app was good.
Trillian is a great application on both iOS and OSX but has some stupidities built in (like the copy to clipboard bug I mentioned earlier).
What I'm actually looking for is something better than Trillian.
PS: since I'm a developer, open-source is a plus