I recently upgraded from an Iphone 4 to a 5s.
I have 4 different docks that worked with all my previous Iphones and Ipods - I just swapped out a cheap plastic holder around the connector that could hold my new device.
They sell two adapters for this in the Apple store, but it's useless for me since:
- It costs £25 per adapter. That's £100 ($160) for the 4 docks, which is insane
- The short one is an inch long and doesn't hold the base of the phone (the way every dock expects) which means that the phone will just fall over if I try to use it.
- The long one also doesn't support my Iphone in a vertical position
I need an adapter that sits on an old Apple dock, but that holds the base of the phone so that it stays upright.
I can't find anything that does this online, and most of what I can find states that it can't support audio in the small print. When I ask in shops they look at me like I'm crazy and then try to sell me a USB cable.
90% of the Iphone docks sold still have the the (now obsolete) old Apple connector. It seems like a massive oversight that nobody makes a dock adapter.
Are there commercial sources of 30 pin dock adapters that:
- Support audio function equivalent to apple’s 30 pin to lightning adapters.
- Holds the phone upright (y'know, as if in a phone dock)
- Optionally include the adapter so I don't need both a prop and a cable/dongle to replicate the old drop-in flip function of these docks.
- (Ideally) is reasonably priced