When I start a session programming on my macbook pro, I have a bunch of apps I'd like open and ready:
- DevNull smtp java server (run from terminal with
java -jar DevNull.jar)
- Terminal shell in the tomcat/bin directory with
startup.sh;tail -f ../logs/catalina.outrunning after
rm -rfwork and test webapp directories
- IntelliJ running
- after tomcat loads (fine with just having a timer), Firefox with my webapp loaded
- after tomcat loads, Chrome with my webapp loaded
- Couple of Finder windows open in particular directories
Those are pretty core... then it depends on what exactly I'm working on as far as other apps I need open.
So how do I write a script I can double click on and have all the above ready for me, saving me a couple minutes each day and being a little less annoying getting started? Is there a nice app that can easily do the above for me? Do I need to write a bash or python script for this? Or learn applescript?