There is this other question that asks about What OS X and iOS software combination tracks finances?
But most of the software listed there is much to powerful (and complicated) for me. I just tried out the demo for YNAB, but I can't get my head around that software. What the hell is a budget, anyway?
All I want is a very simple tool that allows me to:
- begin with a starting balance
- enter monthly income (salary)
- enter monthly expenses (rent, health insurance, telephone)
- optional: with date
- optional: quarterly / yearly payments
- optional: enter an end date for these monthly monetary flows (e.g. a loan that will be paid at a certain date)
- enter spendings on my mobile phone as they happen
- calculate a live balance and display it
I don't want to:
- track stocks
- create a savings plan
- connect to my bank account
- any other stuff
- looks nice
- exports / saves to file in a format that other software can read (e.g. csv, MySQL database)
I would use an Excel sheet, if I didn't want to use it on my mobile phone.