Both my wife and I run 10.7.5 on MacBook Pros. On my wife's machine (2012 MB Pro) she cannot rename a bookmark folder she creates in Google Chrome. All her new bookmark folders are called new folder. This has been happening for awhile. I run 10.7.5 on a 2008 MB Pro and don't have this problem. I suppose deleting Chrome and re-installing is the best solution?
1) Go to Chrome's Bookmark Manager, "Organize" menu, and export her bookmarks as an HTML file (save this file for later).
2) Exit Chrome completely
3) Click on your Desktop, then from the Finder menu click "Go" > "Go To Folder".
5) Rename the file called "Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks.OLD" and "Bookmarks.bak" to "Bookmarks.bak.OLD"
6) Launch Chrome
7) Go to Chrome's Bookmark Manager, "Organize" menu, and import the bookmarks_x_x_x.html file that you saved earlier.
8) Exit Chrome completely again. Wait a few seconds, then launch it again.
9) Now try to use Chrome's Bookmark manager to create a new folder and rename it.
Hopefully the problem will be solved.