Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

i'm in china and need to jailbreak/unlock my iphone to use it here with chinese sim card. I followed the instructions online about how to do this using a program called snowbreeze. It worked and i believe the iphone now has ios 4.3.1 and the ipad baseband. However, in order to unlock the thing i need to get into it, and it is asking me to insert 'a valid sim card with no PIN lock to active iPhone.

Not sure what i should do here? I lost my tmobile sim card in a hotel and don't have one. Is it necessary to insert a tmobile sim card just to turn the phone on? (Also my sim card has a pin on it so how can even that work?). If this is the answer then i will try my gf's tmobile sim card. Please help, thanks.

share|improve this question

migrated from Apr 4 '11 at 23:39

This question came from our site for computer enthusiasts and power users.

At the risk of stating what you've probably already tried... Insert the Chinese sim card you want to use.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.