When using Migration Assistant to move users, files, and folders from an old Mac to a new one, you have a few different choices, depending on the Macs involved. Presuming that both Macs have appropriate ports, which ports should be used in a real-world situation? Please do not provide quotations of theoretical port speeds; I'm looking for real-world experiences as to what will get the job done faster.
- FireWire 400 in target disk mode
- FireWire 400 to 800 in target disk mode
- FireWire 800 in target disk mode
- 100 Megabit Ethernet to Gigabit Ethernet in the OS
- Gigabit Ethernet to Gigabit Ethernet in the OS
- Thunderbolt cable in target disk mode